Nintendo DS Homebrew
Tien found this video demo of a homebrew game made for the Nintendo DS. It looks like a lot of fun, lots of detail and intricate environments. The images are all hand drawn in 8 bit tiles. The audio changes based on the scenes. The world will look different depending on the day of the week and time of day.
Why do so many people play only corporate games? Why don’t more people design their own games and share them with their friends? Why can’t I buy a memory expansion port for my DS on Amazon, or many other places? I don’t want to pirate games, I just want to play games made by real people in my community.
Tien’s entry on Bob’s game: Link
Video of the game play: Link
1 Comment »
- Manufacturing Design for Locally Sold Products
- Modern Designers are thinking with their hands
- Sick of buying gasoline? Go Electric!
- Nintendo DS Homebrew
- Learn 2 Teach Project Exposition, August 15, 2008
- Feedback from Roslindale Community Center
- Design Presentations for IDDS
- Solar Breakthrough Aimed at Artificial Photosynthesis
- Takira demonstrates her work with the Thermistor
- Nelson Mandela