Scientists at MIT are working on creating a human made version of Photosynthesis. This will allow for us to generate more electricity from the sun than we currently can. At this time, their hope is to use the electricity to split water molecules into two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen.
They intend to use the separated gasses like a battery, combining them later and using the resulting electricity hydrogen as needed. The electricity could be used in the home or in a plug in automobile.
Article in Technology Review: Link
Printable version of the article: Link
MIT News Article: Link
- Manufacturing Design for Locally Sold Products
- Modern Designers are thinking with their hands
- Sick of buying gasoline? Go Electric!
- Nintendo DS Homebrew
- Learn 2 Teach Project Exposition, August 15, 2008
- Feedback from Roslindale Community Center
- Design Presentations for IDDS
- Solar Breakthrough Aimed at Artificial Photosynthesis
- Takira demonstrates her work with the Thermistor
- Nelson Mandela