Takira needed to use a thermistor to measure temperature and trigger an event in her Pico Robotics program. Here is a video made the next day where she shows some of what she learned and what it means to her.
This is a good interview of Neil Young by Charlie Rose of PBS. The discussion discusses much more than his long music career, but his creative process. Particularly interesting is the section on the war in Iraq and the state of energy in the United States. Asked how long the war would go on, Young replied something to the effect of “This war will go on until we resolve our energy problem. It is going to be a very long war.” Neil Young has been involved in helping to foster new technologies to change our transportation system. Not all of his technical information is accurate, but he is working towards a solution, not just standing by.
Charlie Rose interviews Neil Young - Link-
Neil Young’s website: Link
Interview about his car project: Link
Linc-Volt Neil Young’s car is an entry in the Automotive X Prize: Link
- Manufacturing Design for Locally Sold Products
- Modern Designers are thinking with their hands
- Sick of buying gasoline? Go Electric!
- Nintendo DS Homebrew
- Learn 2 Teach Project Exposition, August 15, 2008
- Feedback from Roslindale Community Center
- Design Presentations for IDDS
- Solar Breakthrough Aimed at Artificial Photosynthesis
- Takira demonstrates her work with the Thermistor
- Nelson Mandela